Beef Sirloin (my healthy, simple recipe)
What You Need:
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast, 2-3 lbs.
- 1-1/4 cups water,
- 1 can (8 oz) mushroom stems and pieces (optional, if you want to have it “blend”)
- 1 envelope onion soup mix, drained
- 2 tbp corn starch
- roasting pan
- 21″ x 17″ foil,
Easy to follow Instructions:
- Place a large piece of heavy-duty foil in a shallow roasting pan.
- Place roast on foil.
- Pour 1 cup water and mushrooms over roast.
- Sprinkle with soup mix. Wrap foil around roast.
- Bake at 350° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). I prefer mine, dark brownish color and ‘well-done’.
- Remove roast ready for serving.
- Separate dripping sauce and combine cornstarch with remaining water until smooth.
- Stir into drippings.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Sliced thin, or according to preference. (I like mine thinly sliced)
- Serving: 10
Mix Spring and Spinach Salad
- Spring Salad mix of Baby Lettuces, Baby Greens, Endive, Radicchio, and Spinach
- Dried Cranberries
- Raw Almonds
- Blue Cheese
- Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- Dressing: light Champagne Vinaigrette
Serve with Recommended Side Dishes: Mashed Potato, loaded Baked Potato, Rice Pillaf, Basmati Medley Rice, Asparagus, Artichokes.
Adult Beverages: White Zin, or Organic Red Wine.
(make sure floss, and brush teeth well afterwards )
© 2011, ©It’s All About Foods !™ by NickyEddy. All rights reserved.