Wishing you all for safe and blessed holiday season !
Every year, traditionally I would spend indoors at home enjoying my Mimosas, Cosmos, and other adult beverages … Yes I am a party pooper in NYE
For those of you who are celebrating during New Years Eve ….
(Hire a cab if you know you will be drinking, or dedicate a driver who will not be drinking that night ~ there are FREE services now available to get you home, SAFELY)
Please be very safe … drink responsibly !
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012 !
Please Drink Responsibly: Don’t Drink & Drive
Tricks to cure your hangover:
1. Drinking lots of water – both before bed and the next day. STAY HYDRATED ! to fight hangover …
2. Do not drink coffee – it may be tempting but the caffeine will only dehydrate you more.
3. Try drinking flat ginger ale if you don’t want to drink only water.
4. Eat something simple like toast or fruit
5. Sleep in if you can – and even get up, have some water of some toast and go back to bed as that will make you feel the best.
6. Some people swear that drinking a Bloody Mary is the best way to cure a hangover.
7. Some simple exercise can also help, however some feel that a brisk run is the best way for them.
8. Take a shower and alternate between hot and cold water.
9. (and yes have lots of s** “indoors fun” hahaa) ~ happy new years ! (sorry i get carried away)
Recipes for a hangover breakfast:
If you are lucky enough to have January 1st off (… or sober ), why not indulge in a hangover breakfast?
We’ve found some recipes on the web, but if food is not appealing to you the morning after, stick to the tips and tricks above.
• 3 oz ice
• 2 eggs
• 4 oz orange juice
• 1 banana
• 8 oz brewed coffee
• 16 oz tonic water
• 2 tbsps peanut butter
• 2 slices whole wheat bread
- Fry or scramble the eggs.
- Toast the bread.
- Slice the banana.
- Spread peanut butter on both slices of toast.
- Put eggs & banana on toast.
- Put ice & tonic in a glass, mix in orange juice if you prefer.
- Doctor up your coffee.
- Dig in, feel better.
Enjoy the Hangover Breakfast recipe,
© 2011 – 2012, ©It’s All About Foods !™ by NickyEddy. All rights reserved.