It has been a while since I have been joining you all here ! Time does fly when you are having fun… or hectic busy with other exciting projects. As summer season is nearly closing in, yet heat wave is still around us. Here is a fresh healthy Snack recipe of my favorite I can grab before or after Yoga workout, awesome for outdoor activities as camping, or simply just to have with you as an energy bar snack! I don’t know about you but I love Peanut Butter ! although I prefer reduced fat, if possible. Here in this recipe: 140 calories, 3.3 g. fat, 2.1 g. fiber (2.5 healthy units per bar) so go have a couple and reward yourself … go ahead, have few more because Life is good ! Enjoy …
Please visit my other Blog to capture some of my “Solitudes & Adventures”:
… and coming soon my Health & Fitness blog: www.iDARE.NickyEddy.com where I mainly focus on a well-balanced lifestyle through my daily Yoga asanas, and helpful tips of workout and fitness routines!
You will need:
- 4 cups of Grapenuts
- 3/4 Sugar ( I prefer brown sugar )
- 1 cup light Corn Syrup
- 3/4 Peanut Butter, reduced fat
- Olive Oil, extra virgin
- 13×19-inch pan
- Wax paper
- Plastic wrap
Easy simple to follow Instructions:
- Mix corn syrup, sugar and peanut butter in large microwavable bowl, stir it well.
- Microwave Mix on HIGH 2 minutes or just until mixture boils, stirring after each minute.
- Add Grapenuts mix, stir to coat well.
- Lightly spray 13×9-inch pan with Olive Oil. And firmly press these bars, making into 24-32 cuts depending your preference of thickness.
- Wrap bars individually with plastic wrap. (I personally left as is without wraps).
- Store it at room temperature. Ready to serve. Enjoy …
All Photos Courtesy: ©FoodsNickyEddy
© 2011, ©It’s All About Foods !™ by NickyEddy. All rights reserved.