We hunt, We kill, We prepare, and We eat them …
Good morning everyone,
Glad you can join me again this morning ! Here is a recipe, yet to be one of my favorites, I would like to share with you: ”Baked SandBass Fillet”. Each time we go out bass fishing, I’d be the happiest camper coming home with these bad boys Hope you enjoy my recipe !
Photo Courtesy by: NickyEddy
Bass fillets were brought by the Big Boys from Sunday fishing trip off Long Beach harbor
Baked SandBass Fillet
- 6-8 fillets bass, cleaned (our fish always came home fillet ready “Couldn’t get any Fresher than this!”, Complimentary by our Anglers)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 small lemon (I picked fresh from my backyard lemon tree, seasonal though)
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot (optional)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves (optional)
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- 1 cup dry white wine, preferably (or which ever you prefer)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Lemon Butter
Easy to follow Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly grease a shallow roasting pan.
- Wash fish inside and out under cold running water; pat dry with paper towels.
- Sprinkle fish inside and out with the salt.
- Slice lemon thinly; cut slices in quarters.
- press a piece of lemon and a small sprig of parsley into each cut.
- Place fish in prepared pan.
- Add any remaining lemon slices and parsley, along with onion, carrot, celery, thyme, and bay leaf.
- Pour in wine and 1/2 cup water.
- Pour butter over fish.
- Bake, basting frequently with liquid in pan, 30 to 40 minutes, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork (I like my fillet fish a little crispy tender)
- With large spatulas, carefully lift fish to heated serving platter.
- With slotted spoon, lift out vegetables, and place around fish.
- Vegetables will be on the crisp side.
- Garnish platter with parsley and lemon, if desired.
- Serve with Lemon Butter.Makes 4-5 servings.
Enjoy this healthy meal…From my kitchen to yours ! @ Chez Moi
Until the next fishing trip ALOHA LEIALOHA
All Photos Courtesy @FoodsNickyEddy
© 2010 – 2011, ©It’s All About Foods !™ by NickyEddy. All rights reserved.